I would like to organise a reading group on political fiction. This genre has often used narrative to comment or challange events, system and theories.
I am interested in exploring other ways of representing social and political struggles. I like the idea of thinking resistance through a more imaginative approach, so It could be a good starting point to explore fiction as a possible space of critical discourse and as generator of other forms of political imagination.
since weather is getting better we can think of open air sessions!
Here it is a list of possible readings:
- F. Kafka, The Castel
- Virginia Woolf, The Waves
- A. Platanov, The Foundation Pit
- Ursual K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed
- Machiavelli, The Prince
- Mario Vargas Llosa, The Feast of the Goat
- Samuel R. Delany, Dark Reflections
- Octavia Butler, Parable of the Sower
and... Other suggestions are very welcome!